Traveling restrictions may change frequently. For the official government statements, please click on the "Check traveling rules" button.
1. New Zealand borders are closed.
- This does not apply to nationals of New Zealand, permanent residents and residents with valid travel conditions, and their immediate family.
- This does not apply to nationals Australia and permanent residents if New Zealand is their primary place of established residence.
- This does not apply to diplomats accredited to New Zealand and currently resident in New Zealand.
- This does not apply to Visitor, student and work visa holders who are ordinarily resident in New Zealand and who are the partner or dependent child of a temporary student or work visa holder who is in New Zealand.
- This does not apply to partners, dependent children and legal guardians of, and who are traveling with:
New Zealand citizens or permanent resident visa holders; or
New Zealand resident visa holders where the resident visa was granted in New Zealand; or
New Zealand resident visa holders where the resident visa holder is arriving in New Zealand for a second or subsequent time where they are travelling with that New Zealand citizen or resident visa holder.
- This does not apply to the following:
essential health workers, as confirmed by the Ministry of Health; or
other essential workers, as confirmed by the New Zealand Government; or
citizens of Samoa and Tonga making essential travel to New Zealand; or
people coming to New Zealand for humanitarian reasons.
2. Nationals of New Zealand, permanent residents and residents with valid travel conditions and their immediate family, diplomats accredited to New Zealand and currently resident in New Zealand will be subject to self-isolation for 14 days.
We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information. So we suggest you always check the information provided by the official authorities.
Know more about our sources and your rights here.
Covid Travel Guide © 2021