Traveling restrictions may change frequently. For the official government statements, please click on the "Check traveling rules" button.
1. Passengers are not allowed to enter Switzerland.
- This does not apply to nationals or residents of Switzerland or Liechtenstein.
- This does not apply to passenger with a cross-border commuter permit who are entering Switzerland for work, with a C-visa issued by Switzerland for the purpose of "business meetings" as specialists in the field of health or "official visit" of great importance, with a D-visa issued by Switzerland or who have an assurance of a residence permit.
-This does not apply to passengers traveling directly through Switzerland to another country that they are permitted to enter.
- This does not apply to passengers who are entitled to freedom of movement and have a professional reason for entering Switzerland and have a confirmation of registration.
- This does not apply to passengers who are of great importance as specialists in the health sector.
- This does not apply to passengers travelling by land to their country of origin or residency within the European Union or Schengen area. They must have a proof of onward journey.
2. Passengers can only land at Basel (BSL), Geneva (GVA) or Zurich (ZRH).
We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information. So we suggest you always check the information provided by the official authorities.
Know more about our sources and your rights here.
Covid Travel Guide © 2021