Last updated on 24.02.2021. Traveling restrictions may change frequently. For the official government statements, please click on the "Check traveling rules" button.
A temporary ban on entering the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria is introduced until 30.04.2021 but do not apply for following categories of passengers:
- Bulgarian citizens and their family members
- citizens of the Member States of the European Union and members of their families
- citizens of Schengen countries (including the Republic of San Marino, the Principality of Andorra, the Principality of Monaco and the Vatican City State) and members of their families
- citizens of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the Commonwealth of Australia, Canada, Georgia, Japan, New Zealand, the Republic of Rwanda, the Republic of Korea, the Kingdom of Thailand, the Republic of Tunisia, the Oriental Republic of Uruguay, the United Arab Emirates, Ukraine, the Republic of Northern Macedonia, the Republic of Serbia, the Republic of Albania, Kosovo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, the Republic of Moldova, the State of Israel, the State of Kuwait, the Republic of Belarus and the Republic of Turkey
- persons with the status of permanent, long-term or continuous residence on the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria and the members of their families
- persons holding a Bulgarian long-stay visa type "D"
- persons who have a residence permit in a Member State of the European Union or in a Schengen country (including the Republic of San Marino, the Principality of Andorra, the Principality of Monaco and the Vatican City State) and their family members.
10 days quarantine is required only if you do not submit a document for a negative result from a PCR test.Do I need to take a Covid-19 test upon arrival?
All persons, regardless of their starting point of departure, are admitted to the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria after submitting a document showing a negative result from a test conducted up to 72 hours before entry into the country by the method of polymerase chain reaction to detect COVID-19 (PCR test), as of the date of the test entered in the document.Do I need to prepare any additional documents before departing?
No.Can I enter Bulgaria without restrictions if I have a Covid-19 vaccine certificate?
Vaccine certificates are not accepted.Do I need to be vaccinated against Covid-19 to enter Bulgaria?
We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information. So we suggest you always check the information provided by the official authorities.
Know more about our sources and your rights here.
Covid Travel Guide © 2021