Traveling restrictions may change frequently. For the official government statements, please click on the "Check traveling rules" button.
1. Passengers are not allowed to transit or enter Australia.
- This does not apply to nationals of Australia.
- This does not apply to the immediate family members of nationals of Australia.
- This does not apply to permanent residents of Australia and their immediate family members.
- This does not apply to nationals of New Zealand residing in Australia.
- This does not apply to airline crew.
- This does not apply to diplomats accredited to Australia and currently resident in Australia, and their immediate family members.
- This does not apply to nationals of Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Isl., Micronesia (Federated States), Nauru, New Zealand, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa (American), Solomon Isl., Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu when they are transiting through Australia to their home country.
- This does not apply to passengers who reside in Cook Isl., French Polynesia or New Caledonia when they are transiting through Australia to their home country.
2. All passengers are required to self-isolate for a period of 14 days at their first arrival location in Australia. If their duration of stay is less than 14 days, they must self-isolate for the entire duration of stay.
- This does not apply to airline crew with the appropriate personal protective equipment.
3. Nationals of Australia are not allowed to travel out of Australia.
This does not apply to the following:
- Persons ordinarily resident in a country other than Australia;
- Airline and maritime crew and associated safety workers;
- Persons engaged in the day to day conduct of outbound and inbound freight;
- Persons whose travel is associated with essential work at offshore facilities; and
- Persons travelling on official government business, including members of the Australian Defence Force.
We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information. So we suggest you always check the information provided by the official authorities.
Know more about our sources and your rights here.
Covid Travel Guide © 2021